This past weekend was great! Mom and dad Kirkpatrick came in town to spend some time
with mom and dad Puffer and us. We went out to O'Charley's friday night and then came by the apartment to show off Shane's hard work. Then we finished off the night with cake, ice cream and coffee at the Puffer house. Saturday, ALL DAY, the dads and Shane put up the ceiling in the kitchen and garage area (downstairs). They worked from 10am-6pm, and the dad's help was huge. We are so thankful for that. I'm really bummed because I forget that I'm documenting everything and I didn't get any pictures of the 3 guys working together...so all I have is the final result. Just picture them all working and completing sweating through their clothes. With that said, they deserved the steak dinner that the moms prepared. After dinner Shane and I wanted mom and dad K to experience Good Berry's, a local frozen custard place that is so delicious. I think they loved it. I got pictures there, but I took them on the disposable camera we took on the honeymoon, and they aren't developed yet.
Sunday we all went to church together at Vintage 21, minus dad Puffer because he was teaching sunday school at Summit. After church everyone but me went to our favorite Mexican restaurant, La Rancherita. I felt horrible and today is the first day I am feeling better. It worked out well that I had Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday off. I hated missing lunch at La Rancherita, but I know that we can make it happen again. We look forward to getting out to Monroe to spend some time fishing, shooting clay things, and eating at Jason's with the parents! One thing I wish my dad could experience is riding the dirt bike, but it's gone. :( Hopefully we'll get another one in the future.
Alright, and here are some picture of the apartment. Last post I think we were just finishing up the insulation upstairs. So here is what has happened since then...
Shane is boxing in the wires downstairs because they couldn't show in order to pass inspection (I'm learning a lot through all of this, I'm sure some of y'all already knew this)
A close-up of the wires...boring.
Shane putting up insulation on the ceiling in the garage.
The drywall upstairs! Matt Wall helped Shane with the drywal from the wall to the ceiling, and then Shane did all of the storage space drywall himself. He sweats through 2 pairs of jeans each time he works usually.
We work well together. :)
Shane picking up some drywall to take upstairs
Shane next to his WALL! He put up the drywall on one side of the wall downstairs.
There it is again.
The other side of the wall doesn't have drywall becuase we had to get the insulation on the ceiling and the walls downstairs checked before we could cover it up with drywall.
And here is the ceiling that the dads helped Shane with! Ah, I am so bummed I don't have pictures of them working. From what I hear, they had a good time.
The ceiling on the other side of the wall.
And onto the next thing...
Mudding begins! Mudding upstairs that Shane did last night.
And Shane is mudding the left side as I sit here, lazily, on the computer and write about it.
And here we are! Thanks for keeping up with us everyone! We thank God every night for what He has given us and the opportunities that He gives us to serve and love Him. Good night!
Wow! Looking so good...can't believe how far it has come! Keep up the good work you guys! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome!!! love you both!!!
ReplyDelete