This time last year I was posting my first pregnant picture for the relatives in Louisiana. This year, we got to share the baby girl with them! Very fun. I got my fix of Louisiana yummies and Cafe' du Monte coffee and beignets. Mmm, mmm, good. We had some great games of Banana grams, Wii archery and bowling, and yummy food. Did I mention the good food? (pictures to come)
Downtown New Orleans
Jackson Square
Mississippi River
Congratulations to my friends Sara Scotty, Ashley, and Dustin for their engagements! Very exciting and we are so happy for y'all.
Elsa weighed in at...oh wait, I will weigh her in 2 days (I would tonight, but she's in bed). Hopefully she's gained. I'm sure she has the way this girl eats.
She's tried carrots, mandarin oranges, pears, bananas, rice cereal, ham, and turkey. She liked carrots, bananas, and ham. We'll try the others again in a couple weeks. No pressure Elsa, but good eaters run in the family.
We were able to go to Charlotte the weekend before Christmas and spend time with the whole Kirkpatrick/Harrington clan. We had to some girl time on Saturday at the mall while the guys went golfing. It was a great weekend. We exchanged secret santa gifts, slept in, played games, and ate Grannie's great home cookin'(like we always do).
Elsa is crawling and pulling up like a champ. G and L got her a little assistant walker baby stroller thing (not sure what to call it), and Elsa crawls to it and pulls up so fast that she falls when it starts rolling before I can get to her. Say bye-bye to getting anything done during wake time from here on out Mommy. She's crawling under the coffee table, pulling up on the dishwasher and pulling forks out of the basket, etc. Dangerous stuff. We lowered her crib last week, which was a little sad for me. Wow, big month.
When we got back from Louisiana, my whole family was in town. I have been going over there every day this week while Shane has been at work. Elsa has had some good quality time with her cousins. Grayson tells her multiple times a day how cute she is, Will is teaching her how to count and say her ABC's, and Kate is...in her own world. She's patient with Elsa. Elsa pulls on Kate's long beautiful locks. The only reason Kate puts up with it is because she knows it's all out of jealousy. I look forward to my family coming in town more than anything every year, so it was a fun week catching up with all of the out of town siblings.









M, K, G and Dad went to a Hurricane's game one night...obviously cheering for the opposing team.


Mom, Matt, and Sarah took Kate and Will to the pool

saying bye to the Matt Puffer clan
Wow...long post. Big families make for lots of pictures. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment