"May God bless you and keep you always, may your wishes all come true, may you always do for others, and let others do for you. May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung. May you stay forever young.
May you grow up to be righteous, may you grow up to be true, may you always know the truth, and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong, may you stay forever young.
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift, may you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift. May your heart always be joyful and may your song always be sung. May you stay forever young." -Bob Dylan


"Not talking about a year, no not three or four. I don't want that kind of forever in my life anymore. Forever always seems to be around when it begins, but forever never seems to be around when it end. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you.
People spend so much time every single day runnin' 'round all over town givin' their forever away. But no not me, I won't let my forever roam and now I hope I can find my forever a home. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you.
Like a handless clock with numbers, an infinite of time. No not the forever found only in the mind. Forever always seems to be around when things begin, but forever never seems to be around when things end. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you." - Ben Harper

Friday, June 4, 2010

Kitchen tear down!

We continue to have fun working on the crazy apartment. Sometimes we think, "What did we get ourselves into?" but then remember how blessed we are to have an opportunity to serve Jeanie, the lady we rent from.

Jeanie's daughter got married a couple weeks ago. I hadn't seen her since the wedding until earlier this week. I don't talk to her much because usually she needs to talk to Shane about the apartment. She was weeding in the yard on memorial day, so I asked her how the wedding was. It opened a heart breaking conversation. I am thankful for her openness and hope it leads to even more in the future. We just want to love her. Shane and I are going to have dinner with her tonight. His friend Tim came in town not too long ago and brought us fish that he caught, so we are going to cook that up. Shane and I catch ourselves complaining about how we don't have enough time together because of our crazy schedules and late nights at work, but at least we have each other to come home to, whatever time that may be.

We packed up our kitchen stuff yesterday morning so that Shane can tear down the cabinets again and replace whatever wall stuff is up right now and put drywall up. We are picking up a fridge from a friend of the Kirkpatrick's, but until then we have been using a mini fridge which only holds so much. With that said, we eat out more than we'd like. One of our favorites is a Chinese place down the street. We are trying to build a relationship with a girl that works there. Last week I shared with her that I went to China a couple years ago and she has clung to us since then. She comes up and talks to us every time we are in there now. She works 7 days a week 11am til 11pm. She has a 5 month old and a 2 year old. I don't know who keeps her kids considering her husband works all day at another chinese restaurant in town. She cannot drive so her boss picks her up for work every day. She mentioned that she liked my purse and would like one in white instead of brown. I told her I would love to take her shopping and that we would figure out a time that works for both of us next time we are in there. So funny story...I decided to go ahead and start looking for a purse for her since we hadn't figured out a time when I could take her out. I found one and it's so cute! I almost bought one for myself. I got off work yesterday at 8 and Shane didn't until 9. So I went to Home Depot at 9, picked Shane up, and we headed over to #1 China. I went in and showed her the purse and she said, "No no, I do not like that style." It was pretty funny. Oh well! I'll try again. She said she had Sunday mornings available but I told her we go to church...she has no interest in going. "I'm Buddha," she said.

Shane and I decided to put my car on craigslist to see what would happen. I walk to work most days as long as it isn't raining, so we really have no reason to have 2 cars. Well, we had a few bites on it, which surprised both of us. One guy has seen it a couple times and decided to buy it. We are meeting him at the bank this afternoon to sell him the car. Woo!

Alright, that's it for now...pictures next time! Promise.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for this update.....cool cool. Yes, be thankful for the time you do have with each other....;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome to hear about all the ministry opportunities you guys have. Its cool to see how God is working through you. We'll be praying for more opportunities with Jeanie and your Chinese friend. God's at work :)

    ReplyDelete