"May God bless you and keep you always, may your wishes all come true, may you always do for others, and let others do for you. May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung. May you stay forever young.
May you grow up to be righteous, may you grow up to be true, may you always know the truth, and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong, may you stay forever young.
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift, may you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift. May your heart always be joyful and may your song always be sung. May you stay forever young." -Bob Dylan


"Not talking about a year, no not three or four. I don't want that kind of forever in my life anymore. Forever always seems to be around when it begins, but forever never seems to be around when it end. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you.
People spend so much time every single day runnin' 'round all over town givin' their forever away. But no not me, I won't let my forever roam and now I hope I can find my forever a home. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you.
Like a handless clock with numbers, an infinite of time. No not the forever found only in the mind. Forever always seems to be around when things begin, but forever never seems to be around when things end. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you." - Ben Harper

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Picture time!

I finally got around to putting the pictures on the computer. I'll explain what is happening. Some of y'all have seen the apartment, so bear with me.
















Here is the wall that Shane is in the process of doing. He finished the framing and now we are waiting on the inspector to come so that Shane can put the drywall up. The wall is separating the garage area from our kitchen area. Shane is putting in a door on the far left of the wall. You can see the exterior door and the new interior door resting on the wall.















This is the kitchen area. The cabinets on the right used to be on the same wall at the window (to the left of the window). One of the first things Shane did was move the cabinets and sink to that wall.















Here is a better picture of the cabinet/sink area. The little white thing to the right is our pantry. Right now it has all the dishes and food in it because we emptied out the cabinets so that Shane could take them back off the wall and replace the insulation board that is now up with drywall.















Here is a picture of the door that Shane put in. The window was there, and he took the window out in the kitchen, cut into the brick on the bottom, and put the door in. I went to work that morning, and then when I got home, it was in. Pretty impressive!
He also took the insulation board off this wall so that he could replace it with drywall.















Another picture of the door. You can see the brick at the bottom that Shane cut through with a concrete saw that he rented. The brick dust is still settling and all of the dishes we clean don't really stay clean that long....ha.

Well, I think that just about covers all of it, EXCEPT where we live! Here are a couple pictures of the upstairs.
















Shane watching the world cup early in the morning.















And the rest of the place.

Hope you have all enjoyed this!

2 comments:

  1. Yea, sure did! Thanks for the pics and the narration, it helps me understand where you guys live and what you're doing to the place (since I'm one of the ones who hasn't had a chance to visit!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You guys have done a lot of work! Its looking great! I'm quite impressed with Shane's handiwork! Keep us posted...can't wait to see it as it comes along.

    ReplyDelete