"May God bless you and keep you always, may your wishes all come true, may you always do for others, and let others do for you. May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung. May you stay forever young.
May you grow up to be righteous, may you grow up to be true, may you always know the truth, and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong, may you stay forever young.
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift, may you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift. May your heart always be joyful and may your song always be sung. May you stay forever young." -Bob Dylan


"Not talking about a year, no not three or four. I don't want that kind of forever in my life anymore. Forever always seems to be around when it begins, but forever never seems to be around when it end. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you.
People spend so much time every single day runnin' 'round all over town givin' their forever away. But no not me, I won't let my forever roam and now I hope I can find my forever a home. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you.
Like a handless clock with numbers, an infinite of time. No not the forever found only in the mind. Forever always seems to be around when things begin, but forever never seems to be around when things end. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you." - Ben Harper

Sunday, August 22, 2010

It's FINISHED!

The apartment is finished....well, close enough. Woo! We've been married a little over 4 months and 2 of those we lived with Jeanie. Pretty crazy. I have to say that it's great having our own space, with a fully furnished kitchen. What a blessing!

I know y'all have been impatiently waiting to see all of Shane's handy work, so here it is!




















The kitchen. I'm standing at the door between the garage and the apartment. You can see Shane's door, our STOVE, pantry, table, and nicely painted floor.
















Jeanie repainted the cabinets and they turned out great. There are a few brass knobs that we are going to take off and replace with glass knobs that match the other ones. Sorry for the mess.





















Jeanie picked out a new countertop and sink, so Shane cut the countertop to fit PERFECTLY between the walls. He also cut a hole to put the sink into that was perfectly aligned with the cabinets above where the microwave sits. Very impressive.




















Our new fridge and cabinet. We still need to paint it white to match everything else. I went grocery shopping for the first time in a while last week and I have completely forgotten how to shop. I came home and Shane asked what was for dinner...I couldn't put a meal together with what I bought. So, we went out to eat. Pretty sad. I took Shane shopping with me last night and he was very helpful. We cooked a yummy dinner tonight.















Our stove. It's so nice. Notice the cookie sheet with no cookies on it. We can't cook dinner and not cook dessert.

And now for the upstairs.















Shane watching TV on our new couch!
















The bedroom without a wall separating it from the couch. It's nice, we can watch TV from the couch or the bed.















SHANE!
















Shane's really happy we are living in the apartment. So am I.

Thanks for keeping up with all of the house updates. We are really happy with how it turned out and I'm pretty sure Jeanie is too. Shane worked so hard and we are thankful for the help from Matt Wall, Dad K, Dad P, David, Jeanie, and Tim.

Shane's birthday was last Monday. Mom and Dad P had us over to dinner and David and Sarah joined us. Mom made london broil, sweet potato wedges, zuccini and onions, salad, and lest us not forget the made from scratch Red Velvet cake with cream cheese icing. Mmm, mmm, good.
We opened gifts from everyone there. It was very special.




































One of Shane's new pairs of shoes.

On his actual birthday he got some mail from family, opened gifts from me and from Mom and Dad K, received lots of calls, and Tim Gregory came into town and surprised him. I told Shane I had a surprise for him at 4:30, so he thought we were going somewhere. Tim pulled in right around then and surprised Shane. The 3 of us went out to Cracker Barrel for dinner and then drove out to Durham to say hey to Tim's mom. It was a fun evening. He felt very loved from everyone, so thank you for all of the calls, cards, and gifts.

That's it for now. We are loving our place and would love everyone to come by sometime and see it. Hopefully we will get rid of whatever is biting us before you come. We'll have to get a bug bomb or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment