"May God bless you and keep you always, may your wishes all come true, may you always do for others, and let others do for you. May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung. May you stay forever young.
May you grow up to be righteous, may you grow up to be true, may you always know the truth, and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong, may you stay forever young.
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift, may you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift. May your heart always be joyful and may your song always be sung. May you stay forever young." -Bob Dylan


"Not talking about a year, no not three or four. I don't want that kind of forever in my life anymore. Forever always seems to be around when it begins, but forever never seems to be around when it end. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you.
People spend so much time every single day runnin' 'round all over town givin' their forever away. But no not me, I won't let my forever roam and now I hope I can find my forever a home. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you.
Like a handless clock with numbers, an infinite of time. No not the forever found only in the mind. Forever always seems to be around when things begin, but forever never seems to be around when things end. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you." - Ben Harper

Monday, August 9, 2010

Pictures!

You know how people take pictures of their baby to document all the changes and growth and then email them to family and friends? I feel like that with this house...except it's not our baby OR our house. Hmm. Moving on...


Protecting ourselves from fiberglass. I think some snuck into my nose considering I've had quite a few nosebleeds. Gross.


Shane mudding. I think this was hour 88.


Picking at the bubbles in the wall upstairs for Shane to re-mud. He used an old piece of drywall so it was kind of messed up.


Mudding.


So dad was building a fort while Shane was working...just kidding. The camera lens got covered with drywall dust so you can't really see dad. He was helping put up the remaining pieces of drywall. Pretend Dad K is in the picture too because he did a lot of work the weekend before but I didn't get any pictures. :(

We decided to get the air compressor out to blow the dust out of the lens. After we cleaned the lens, we blew air on ourselves. I think we are going crazy.






David came over one night and had dinner with us, and before he left Shane had him help take the cabinets back off the wall.


Upstairs is FINISHED!


The beginning of priming downstairs.















Jeanie painting. I caught her off guard.



















The interior door with molding.















Shane dropped the ceiling because of some 2x4's that were in the way. It was a pain, but it looks awesome!















One of the new light fixtures.















The cabinets and the light fixture above.















Ceiling fan in the kitchen.

All we have now is:
- a few more places leading upstairs that need to be painted
- painting the floor, bathroom, and stairs
- fixing the railing
- installing a smoke detector
- installing appliances
- moving in!

We are so close!

I'm assuming I'll be able to put pictures up in a week of everything completed with all of our stuff in place, etc. Very fun! Hope you've enjoyed this.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe how far it has come. It is looking wonderful!!

    P.S. I love the Ben Harper song at the top of your blog...Garin and I had that sung in our wedding :)

    ReplyDelete