Wow, so much has happened since our last post. It was a month ago that we found out we were having a sweet baby girl. On the 15th on January I felt her move for SURE for the first time. Since then it has become easier and easier to feel her. Last Thursday, the 3rd, I actually saw my whole stomach move 3 or 4 times while I was laying on the couch reading. I was so bummed that Shane was at work. By the time he got home, she was back to sleep. It was amazing to see though. Hopefully he will witness some movement soon.
Well, where do I start. I'll start with the few pictures that I posted.
This one is when I used our crock pot to make a pot roast. I need some more practice (it was a bit dry) but at least the carrots and potatoes were good.

One night we had a game night with Sara and Tim. We played Monopoly, one of our Christmas gifts from Mom and Dad K. We laughed a lot. It was fun. Sara just moved back to the area from Wilmington, so it has been fun to have her home. We've been able to grab coffee a couple times and catch up. I've missed her and I'm so glad she's back in the area!
Little miss Elsa got her first package from Aunt B! It was a fun surprise!
I threw everything on Shane so that I could get a picture of all of the goodies. Thanks Aunt B!
AND THE BIG NEWS OF THE WEEK...
WE MOVED!
Here are a couple pictures of us packing up the old place. We are very thankful for all of the help that we had! I'll post more pictures of the place after I have a few decorations up. We are excited to say that we now have 2 bedrooms. God definitely provided this at the perfect time. As stressful as it was, now that it is over, we see it as a huge blessing. Preparing for the arrival of our baby girl is even more exciting knowing we have a clean home to put her in. After we got everything in from our old place, my mom helped me get everything that never left her house and moved it over to the new place. BIG help. Then we went shopping for some new things, another shower liner for Elsa's bathroom, over-the-door hooks, door mats, etc. After the fun of shopping, we headed back over to the old place and mopped, vacuumed, and cleaned the bathroom. Thank you, Mom, for keeping me away from the cleaning fumes.
Happy super bowl 45 to us! We hosted a party at the new apartment. Shane made ribs and I made some veges and a Turtle Bar dessert, and our guest made an appetizer and another dessert. Yes, our guest...singular. This is a picture of the whole crew :) We look so enthused.
Yesterday Shane had the day off and he decided that he wanted to make dinner. He made the best chicken I've ever had! It was so juicy with lots of flavor. Funny thing is, I haven't had chicken since I've been pregnant because it has sounded so nasty to me, but this was delicious! Thank you Shane. Best dinner yet!
Since his dinner was so great last night, I decided that I really needed to step it up. So tonight I made shrimp cocktail, spaghetti and meatballs, and Carrabba-style bread (well, I can't take all of the credit. I used meatballs that Momma K made, and a seasoning mix that Momma K put together to mix with Olive Oil to dip the bread in). We enjoyed it. We are loving having a bigger kitchen with more counter space. We were also able to unpack all of our new cookware and dishes, so it's made cooking a little easier having more than 2 pans to work with.
I guess those are all of the updates we have. It's past my bedtime. 'Til next time!
Wow! The new place looks GREAT! Can't wait to see the pictures when it is all dolled up! So excited for you guys, I know you are enjoying the increased space and HEAT! Love you guys and miss you!
ReplyDeleteokay, so that post was really from Lauren and not Garin, but for some reason the computer gave him credit for it ;)
ReplyDelete