"May God bless you and keep you always, may your wishes all come true, may you always do for others, and let others do for you. May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung. May you stay forever young.
May you grow up to be righteous, may you grow up to be true, may you always know the truth, and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong, may you stay forever young.
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift, may you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift. May your heart always be joyful and may your song always be sung. May you stay forever young." -Bob Dylan


"Not talking about a year, no not three or four. I don't want that kind of forever in my life anymore. Forever always seems to be around when it begins, but forever never seems to be around when it end. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you.
People spend so much time every single day runnin' 'round all over town givin' their forever away. But no not me, I won't let my forever roam and now I hope I can find my forever a home. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you.
Like a handless clock with numbers, an infinite of time. No not the forever found only in the mind. Forever always seems to be around when things begin, but forever never seems to be around when things end. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you." - Ben Harper

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving!

This past week was a lot of fun. Matt, Becca, Will, Mike, Konomi, and Grayson all came in town to celebrate Thanksgiving. Mom and Dad's house was packed. Will is walking now, which is a lot of fun to watch. Grayson learned more games in a span of 4 days than I thought possible. He played a lot of foosball. He didn't like playing with Uncle Matt because he was the Foosball Champion. No one could beat him, not even Grayson. Mom, Becca, and Shane were all sick with a nasty cold most of the weekend, so that drained them of energy. Shane and I had to work every day but Thanksgiving, but it was nice to see everyone when we could. The kids in my famiy do secret santa every year. Since we will all be scattered for Christmas, we exchanged gifts on Friday night. Shane is the newest member of the family, so he was the first to give his gift to his person, Konomi. We missed the Kirkpatricks/Harringtons this year but hopefullywe'll be able to celebrate together next year.

I will be 15 weeks along in a couple days. We have my 16 week appointment on December 13th and then we'll be able to schedule an 18 week appointment to find out if a girl or boy is growing inside of me. Last week, the 14 week email said that the baby's kidneys are now producing urine which is released into the fluid around him...kind of interesting to think about. A little more exciting than that, the baby is now squinting, smiling, frowning and sucking it's thumb. It's about 3 1/2 inches long (which is an inch longer than it was at my ultrasound on 11/11/10.)

The website I base everything on says that I should be feeling a lot better and more energized...but I'm not. I'm still tired all the time, and sleeping 10 hours a night, and don't feel too great before or after eating, but I'm sure it'll go away. I also use the bathroom 3 or 4 times a night which is getting old, but y'all probably didn't care to know that.

I'm sorry this is a bland pictureless post, but I'll try to grab some from my mom to post later on.

Funny story. I've been reading in magazines and on websites that I will have vivid dreams while being pregnant. Well, this morning Shane and I woke up at 5 am so that I could take him to work to have the car to take my mom to work at 7:45 and then myself to work because it was supposed to rain all morning. When I got to my mom's in between dropping Shane off and taking her, I fell asleep and I dreamed that something like Extreme Makeover Home Edition came to the house after Shane and I had left for work and COMPLETELY changed all of the work Shane had done. I ran around the house screaming and crying and yelling at the workers for messing up his work and yelling at Jeanie for not being appreciative of all Shane had done. I was SO angry. When Shane finally got home from work that day, I showed him all around the house (it had tripled in size somehow too) and we were impressed and all, but I was still angry that no one seemed to appreciate the work Shane had put into it. Pretty funny. Also in the dream, as Shane and I were eating breakfast before leaving for work, we saw lizards, rats, mice, and a little mole crawling around our kitchen floor. After the renovations were completed, all the critters were gone. Very strange.

Happy December to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment