Last weekend my sister threw another baby shower, which was, of course, a huge blessing. I was able to see friends from Wilmington, friends from high school, and some family. We got some great things and are officially all set for Elsa to be here.


Some of the Apex High school girls
Some cousins, sisters, and my mom. Becca is due with a baby girl soon after me. It was fun to have her and Will in town. I heard him say "Mommy" and point to Becca's belly and say "baby." It was so sweet. He's a happy guy.
Wilmington girls. Thank you so much to those that had to drive to come. It meant a lot that y'all came and it was great to see everyone!
Lauren and Garin came in town this past weekend. Unfortunately Shane had to work most of the day on Sunday, but we were able to go to church and lunch together. While Shane was at work, Garin went for a run and Lauren and I went for a walk around the lake. Then we went and sat by the pool for a little bit. Garin actually got in. I'm not sure how, the water was so cold!
When Shane got home, we ate dinner and played a nice civil game of Monopoly.
They left the next morning for Charlotte. Thanks so much for coming. It was nice to have that time with you guys!
This past Tuesday I had a doctors appointment. Every week they measure me and my belly should measure in centimeters how far along I am in weeks. Well, I am 39 weeks and I measured 34 (at 38 weeks, I measured 38). The doctor said that Elsa has indeed dropped and that's why the measurement was lower. Her heart beat is still strong, and he's predicting a 7 lb baby. My appetite has also dramatically increased the past couple days. I'm back to over eating Shane...whoops. So here is what I need y'all to do, if you are not already doing so...tell Elsa to come out! I've been walking or going to the gym daily to try and work her out, and it's not working. So pray pray pray! We want to meet the little one!
Hopefully my next blog will be all about meeting our little girl. Until then, I'm off to the gym. :)


We thoroughly enjoyed seeing you guys as well!!! Thanks so much for having us over, you were WONDERFUL hosts!! We are praying for you guys and can't wait to meet our neice!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya'll!
Hello Shane and Rebecca. I stopped by the store today to see how things were going. Shane wasn't there so I got excited thinking maybe Elsa was on her journey to the world. Susanna informed me that he was off today so the excitment left. I couldn't find the paper that Shane wrote the blog address on so I had to keep guessing it until I got it right.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say I'm thinking about you guys and wishing you the best of luck.
Stephanie Edwards