"May God bless you and keep you always, may your wishes all come true, may you always do for others, and let others do for you. May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung. May you stay forever young.
May you grow up to be righteous, may you grow up to be true, may you always know the truth, and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong, may you stay forever young.
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift, may you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift. May your heart always be joyful and may your song always be sung. May you stay forever young." -Bob Dylan


"Not talking about a year, no not three or four. I don't want that kind of forever in my life anymore. Forever always seems to be around when it begins, but forever never seems to be around when it end. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you.
People spend so much time every single day runnin' 'round all over town givin' their forever away. But no not me, I won't let my forever roam and now I hope I can find my forever a home. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you.
Like a handless clock with numbers, an infinite of time. No not the forever found only in the mind. Forever always seems to be around when things begin, but forever never seems to be around when things end. So give me your forever, please your forever. Not a day less will do from you." - Ben Harper

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Days off

Shane and I had 4 days off in a row together this past weekend. He had taken off Saturday and Sunday to go to a friend's wedding, and then work also happened to give him Monday and Tuesday off. We thought it would be a perfect weekend to have Elsa, but she decided to stay put and we were able to enjoy those 4 days just the 2 of us. It was a blessing. Sunday we were able to go to church and not worry about rushing off to work right afterwards like normal. Monday we spent most of the day out at Lake Johnson. After that we washed and vacuumed out the car, and installed the car seat. Yesterday we went for another long walk at our apartment.

We also had a doctor's appointment yesterday morning (hopefully the last for me...we'll see). We found out that I am 1 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. The doctor said she wouldn't be surprised if she comes this week, but you never know, so they scheduled an appointment for next Wednesday for an ultrasound and NST testing to check the baby and amnionic fluid levels and make sure everything still looks okay.

Here are a few pictures of our adventures at Lake Johnson.
















Just proving to myself that I still can balance...


































On the bench where Shane proposed. So much has changed since then...



















Keeping my arms up so my fingers don't swell anymore...too late.

Shane made me take my rings off a week or so ago because he doesn't want to have to get them cut off. So, in the mean time, I'm walking around very pregnant with no wedding ring...hiding my hand.
















Shane tests me every now and then to make sure I know what poison ivy is because it effects him really bad and he doesn't want me to go through that. We took a picture of it for me to study. So, if you never knew what it looked like, there you go.

Elsa's due date is tomorrow. I think it would make a great Memorial Day weekend for her to come Friday, but I guess we will have to wait and see what she thinks. Today is my first day off without Shane since I stopped working (my last day for a while was Friday), so I have no idea what to do with myself. Now off for my morning walk...

No comments:

Post a Comment