This past weekend we had a shower that my sister and mom hosted at my mom's house. It definitely finished off our list of things we thought we needed. We are overwhelmed, once again, by the generosity of friends and family. I cannot express how thankful we are for all that people have given us. God has taken care of us this past year, and He has used many of you all to do so. It is absolutely amazing to see. Looking at our circumstances alone COULD give us a reason to worry and panic, but God hasn't given us a day to have a reason to worry because He has provided again and again. I wish I could list all of the ways He has shown us His love, mercy, and grace, but there are too many to name. Things happen DAILY. I have such a peace about not working full-time, Elsa arriving, Shane possibly going back to school, etc. I was on the phone with a friend earlier today and she was asking about how I'm feeling about Elsa arriving and she said, "you sound so calm about everything!" Well, I am. I have no reason not to be, and praise be to God for that.
Today we had out 37/38 week appointment. Elsa is still in the same position as 3 weeks ago (head down, back against my left side, butt up near my ribs, and arms and legs on my right side). Her heart beat is still strong, and I'm measuring right on. He said he's expecting her to be 7 to 7 1/2 pounds and then started rattling off what we should do when I start feeling contractions and when to head to the hospital. It could happen any day now. Eake!
I took a few pictures of Elsa's room/the guest room. It isn't decorated and there are diapers stacked in the corner, BUT it shows off the crib, quilt, mobile, and changing table/dresser. I don't know how to decorate, so Mrs. K is slaving away in Charlotte trying to help me out. Thank you momma K!
Thank you again to all of y'all that have loved us, and our baby girl, through your prayers, gifts, and time. We are so grateful!
No comments:
Post a Comment